Photography courses and workshops in Brisbane QLD Australia


Paul Farris is both a professional photographer and tutor of photography courses and practical workshops designed for DSLR users in the Brisbane area.

12 Oct 2010

Studio lighting workshop

Whilst Brisbane was having it's wettest October on record it was warm and dry in our studio as we hosted our very first studio lighting workshop with a small group of students getting to grips with the equipment, terminology, techniques as well as getting plenty of practical hands on experience.


The workshop is designed to cover the essential techniques of shooting in a studio environment with a particular emphasis on portraiture, so after an initial introduction and tackling the theory of studio lighting we got down to the business of photographing our guest model. During the workshop the lighting was continuously changed for different effects with plenty of equipment on hand to try and ample time to review images and even some costume changes (model not students!)



Topics covered in the Studio Lighting Workshop include :


1. The studio lighting set-up explained
2. Setting up the camera
3. Studio lighting types & accessories
4. Using speedlights / flash units in a studio
5. Off camera flash (strobist techniques)
6. Using a light meter for correct exposure
7. Creative lighting techniques


Here's what two of the students had to say about the workshop :

I absolutely loved the workshop you held on Saturday. I learnt so much about the lighting side of studio photography, that now I can't wait to set up my studio.
L. Petfield
 

I personally loved the Lighting workshop course & want to thank you so much for organising it - very enjoyable!!  I could have spent the whole day there taking photos (time permitting), if only I had all of that equipment...
N .Tubman

For more info on the course, forthcoming dates and bookings please visit the Learn Photography website.



1 comment:

  1. Fantastic workshop.. I would recommend it to any photographer that is interested in studio photography. I was blown away with my photos that I took of our beautiful model, Mandy. It certainly has boosted my confidence in starting my own studio. A big thank you to Paul for holding this course... Well done
    Thanks
    Leesa Petfield

    ReplyDelete